Friday, October 17, 2008

Letter in the mailbox



Dear Emily,

Thank you for your letter and lovely drawing of all of us. I hope you don't mind me posting them up here, but they made me smile so much that I had to share them with everyone. I don't think a letter has ever made me laugh so hard and that's saying a lot, because I know some very funny people.

So to answer your question about whether the baby will be a girl or a boy, we are not sure right now. Which one would you prefer? Let me know and I'll see what I can do. For example, if you want it to be a boy, I'm pretty sure if I eat nothing but hotdogs until I go to the doctor, I can still make the baby be a boy. Likewise, if you want the baby to be your niece, I could eat nothing but blueberry muffins for a couple of weeks. Don't worry about it either way, I like both hotdogs and blueberry muffins enough to give this a try so you get the baby you want. I can't say for sure whether it will work of course, but it's worth a try!

We will go back to the doctor the day before Halloween to find out if you get a niece or a nephew. I might need you to do me a favor on that day to help us out though. I need you to keep your fingers and legs crossed as much as possible on that day. And maybe I'm making this up, but my thinking is that if you are crossing as many of your body parts as possible, then that will mean the baby will UN-cross its legs so we can see what it is. You see, the baby is the one that has to let us know if it has boy parts or girl parts. And since you are the closest family member to the baby in age, you're the only one that can do this job for us. Let me know if you think you can take on this challenge. You do have to promise me that it won't affect your schoolwork though---so no telling the teacher you can't write because you have to keep your fingers crossed or anything. Just keep the other hand crossed and that will be enough.

On Halloween, I'll be sure to post the answer here, along with more photos. Only two more weeks of waiting!

Much Love,
Your Sister

No comments: