Thursday, March 19, 2009

Putting a face to a name

Internets, meet North. North, these are what former Senator Ted Stevens referred to as the internet "tubes. " Please be nice to our little boy, after all, he's negative 16 days old!

The good to come out of having a baby that is measuring small is all the additional sonograms we get to make sure he's OK in there. Last month, he was hiding his face with his hand like some spoiled starlet that has tired of the paparazzi's camera. And yesterday, he was possibly attempting to eat his toes (which means he takes after me and let's just leave any disgusting habits I may or may not have had as a child alone). But in between his first taste of self-cannibalism, we were still able to get a couple of excellent shots of his cute little mug.

I'm starting to think we're giving birth to Benjamin Button because North keeps measuring more and more behind the further into the pregnancy we get. Last month he was measuring 2 weeks behind and yesterday he was measuring almost 3 weeks behind. Granted, the docs say everything is fine and he passed his biophysical profile again so we're not worried. Plus, by the looks of those chubby cheeks in the picture, he's not malnurished in the least. He's weighing in at 5 pounds 9 ounces as a matter of fact.

But North, I think we need to have a little mother to son chat. I know I've said before that I like the fact that you are small because well... I am selfish and thinking of my own labor pain. But you can't stop growing just to try to please me. I promise that I will not be mad at you even if you weigh ten pounds and rip my body apart as you leave it. So stop sucking on your toes young man and start eating all those cookies I am sending down to you at once! Get BIGGER! And clean up this womb while you're at it!

I'd also like to welcome Mr. Tyler Douglas Wilsey to our happy family. Proud parents Robyn and Chris Wilsey brought him into the world about ten minutes before midnight on St. Patrick's Day. The little tyke weighed in at 9 pounds 2 ounces and 21 3/4 inches long. We're heading back to the hospital tonight, armed with a camera this time, so pictures of Mr. T will be soon to follow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, I've never seen a sonogram this far into the pregnancy before-he looks so developed! which is a good thing considering he could pop out any day now ;-) But don't, North--- wait at least 2 weeks and start searching for those cookies!!! Some babaies are just small- my niece was born at 5 lbs 5 oz about a week early and she's totally fine. He'll just feel a little more fragile in the beginning, but he'll be as tough as any other kid. Can't wait to meet him!

Hezzer said...

Oh my goodness, lady!!! He's awesome! What a great picture! I want to smoosh his little cheeks. Holy crap! He's so cute, Sonya!

I can't wait to meet him!

Congratulations on being an auntie!! Now THAT'S a big baby!!