Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Ho ho ho and stuff

I guess my posting has gotten a little bipolar lately, from talking about poop one minute to venting about the state of the world the next. Then again, those two things have a lot in common when I stop and really consider that both have gone to the toilet lately. But anyway, I've been watching too much news and I have a hard time mustering up my funny when I'm feeling preachy it seems. Therefore, I have left myself no choice but to post another pregnancy picture from last weekend. This was taken after we decorated our tree and I dressed the baby up as Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer. Obviously, you can't see the antlers part of the outfit because this is not that kind of blog mister!

I would also like to have it be known that I do own more clothes than just a sports bra and a pair of yoga pants. This is the outfit that we chose for Dave to take my weekly pregnancy pictures in the hopes that I will be able to actual fit into them for the whole pregnancy. Eventually, we want to compile all the pics into a little "Slideshow to Fatness!"...oops, did I type that? I mean we want to put all the pictures into a "Slideshow Documenting the Beautiful Evolution of Our Little Miracle!" or something. But seriously, I think it will be a cool thing to have documented.

And thanks to my Davey for putting up with all my griping and deleting of pictures that give me "an unnecessary double bum" each week. Yesterday marks the day he was born and I'd like to thank Olgie and Doug for making that possible. Baby Dave was late to show up for his party and his parents had tried several methods to coax him out of the womb. At one point they went out driving in an old 1929 Ford Model A on a very bumpy road to try to induce labor, but that just gave little David his first taste of 4X4. Eventually, with in utero fluid levels running low, he did make his very chapped entrance into the world of course.

Hubband, I'm so happy we found each other and I cannot imagine spending my life with anyone else. I look forward to watching you transform into the role of father next year. I've known ever since I met you that you will make a fantastic father to some lucky little kid. I'm just thankful that kid has turned out to be my kid too and I get to experience this by your side.

No comments: