Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6


Dear North,

One year ago today, you were thinking about saying hello to the world for the first time. Then you cuddled up with one of my ovaries and took a nap instead.

Those first cramps made me realize the reality of you. Pain forces you into the moment I suppose. My entire pregnancy felt too surreal to take seriously. But those first pains of labor forced me to grasp that you were headed into the world and our lives would never be the same.

Now, life before you feels like a movie I once watched. It was a good movie, but I like this new one much better.

Love,
Mama

2 comments:

Hezzer said...

I've been thinking about you guys all day! I can't believe it's tomorrow!! Btw, I love his chub chub arms in this picture! He is just so handsome, lady!!

Some more exclaimation points for fun...
!!!!!!!!!!!! They're like candles only yellier.

mammamia said...

Hard to imagine our lives without North in it, what did I talk about in the beauty shop before he was with us.